Skip to main content

Excitement!

11 months of cuteness!
In just eight days my sweet baby girl is turning ONE. Say what?!? I cannot believe it has been a year since our family was completed by her birth and yet it feels as though she has always been a part of us. The joy and love that little person bring into my heart is at times just too much to handle; I can literally feel my heart stretch with more and more love for her each and every day. Being her mama is the best gift I have been given; she has taught me and her dada so much about love, the world and ourselves and it every day just brings more fun. Happy almost birthday my baby girl!

On Saturday we will celebrate amongst our Boston friends and family with a Sophie the Giraffe themed party (of course); it has been so much fun to prepare for the day and I can't wait to have everyone over to eat, sing and celebrate this awesome year. It really, truly takes a village to raise a child, and the party will be a reflection of all of the people that have helped us get to where we are through babysitting, advice, whispered road trips with a sleeping baby, early dinners to accommodate Maddie, everything that has helped us to be the confident parents that we are today. To all of you: THANK YOU; we could not have done it without you, and Maddie is a lucky kid to have so many people to love and care for her.

Sunday morning we fly out to Reno to see our West Coast family and celebrate with them and do Thanksgiving together. I have not been to Reno for Thanksgiving since I moved to Boston seven years ago, so I am really looking forward to it. Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my own mama is long overdue, and I am excited that Maddie gets to see her Grandma while eating her first turkey dinner!

So excited for Thanksgiving with Grandma!

With this guy by my side, everything is better.
Things have been a little difficult for our family lately; two family members have been diagnosed with some pretty hefty illnesses, our little niece was born early (healthy and beautiful as can be, though!), money being a little too thin, our nanny share family needing replacing and both of our jobs requiring a lot of our brainpower. I am able to deal with all of these things because I know that it is all (mostly) temporary and Matty and I are really good at identifying struggles and how best to work through them together. I feel really, really lucky to have a husband that I can lean on and can lean on me back so that we hold each other up and work towards getting to the other side of the difficult times, always better and wiser than before. We recently started working with a financial adviser and had a great interview with a potential family with whom to share our wonderful nanny; and really, at least we have finances to be advised on and a wonderful nanny with whom to share and at the end of the day when I am snuggled in bed with my husband and my baby girl on either side of me, I know that there is nothing we can't get through together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart