Skip to main content

One Michael Jordan To Go

That is what Matty told me when I woke up this morning. After I realized where I was and that I had indeed fallen back asleep after my usual 4am "wake up and think about wedding plans that could wait until tomorrow" time, Matty explained "23"! In that many days I will be happily (blissfully, wonderfully) married to my best friend. I cannot wait. Literally. I wish I could go to sleep and wake up and it would be the Friday before and it would be time to see my Mommy and get my nails done. But, alas, there are 23 jam-packed days between now and then. This is the last weekend that Matty is working and I will be home alone so I am going to try and get all of my honeymoon necessity shopping in and get some last minute things like my lipstick, nail polish and some honeymoon outfits. Next weekend Nina and I are going to NYC to party it up one last, single-girl time and to seek out two last very important things for the big day (sorry, my lips are sealed until 09.12). The following weekend is the last weekend Matty and I have in the same state together before the wedding, so we will surely have a ri-donk-ulous amount of errands, including cashing in our two Groupons for $100 worth of flowers at the Weston Nursery. Then, it's wedding weekend! Airplanes and beauty treatments and dinners and...marriage! And then, like that, it will be over. I will be Mrs. Stefanie O'Shea on a plane Miami-bound with my husband. I love it. I am so lucky and blessed to be marrying this man who has brought me such immense joy, love, stability and happiness. I get to keep him forever and ever and I plan on making every day the best we have ever lived.
I have so, so much going on in the Fall, including a big, huge announcement (no it does not have little feet, or little paws for that matter) that I will make in October. When we come home from our honeymoon we literally have no free weekends until November. Seriously. We have Hub on Wheels, 30th birthdays (not mine still!), Octoberfests (plural), punk rock shows, our annual trip to Riot Fest in Chicago, Halloween, and being MARRIED (!!!) going on. We are going to be busy people, but we are going to be busy people together, forever. Swooooooon.
Excited to see some of you 09.12, and to catch up with everyone this Fall!

XoXo

Ps. HUGE shout out to Matty, who completed his very first triathlon in 1:25:16!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart