Skip to main content

Fall is here!

My last blog was about the end of summer and now here we are in the thick of fall and man oh man have I missed this blog of mine. I love coming here and sharing our life, spewing random things and making a little piece of Internet memory for myself. Note to self, schedule some blog time in at least once a week.

So what's new? 

My Mom recently made a super spontaneous trip to see us (read: bought tickets less than a seek before flying) and it was absolutely magical. We decided not to tell Maddie and when she woke up and wandered into the kitchen to see her Gramma standing there it was just the cutest situation ever. She was beyond confused, surprised and elated and spent the next 5 days in Gramma heaven. 
It was also really awesome for me to spend time with my Mom and get to work on our own relationship. It's interesting how things change when daughters become mothers and start relating to their own mothers and WOW things can get messy but I feel so close and at a great spot with my Mom now. This visit couldn't have come at a better time for all of us and we made some awesome memories together. 

Maddie is loving school and we are loving the way she is flourishing in her new environment. We knew that she was going to enjoy being busy and having new things to learn and explore, and she is definitely thriving. It has been interesting to watch as she tries to navigate her new friendships. This is the first time in her life that she sees the same kids on a regular basis and she's definitely learning the ins and outs of friendship; we are trying to be as positive and supportive as possible while letting her grow in her role as a friend. She's got most everyone smitten with that amazing personality of hers, of course, so we are hopeful for the next 14 years of school :)

Busy remains the word of the season but I think we are hitting some sort of stride. I am learning to let us have time that isn't booked on the weekends and to take advantage of leftovers and slow cooked meals to help us slow down on the weeknights. Is it chaos? Absolutely, but we are able to keep doing all the things we want and need to get done and still have quality time together in some way every day, so I'll take it.

Now that Annabel is mixing up her nursing with solids I am able to get away a little more than I used to so I took an after work spin class with Kate Friday and feel ready to start training for Boston 2016 (fingers crossed one of the charity bib apps takes me!). This also means that I am cherishing our cosleeping and having her snuggled up close to me all night, especially since the little angel actually sleeps (I am looking at you, Madeleine Jane no sleeper!).

So that is that; nothing too exciting to report over here but a real promise to be back sooner!

And, of course, come pics! The weekend before last we carved pumpkins with our awesome neighbors and snapped a bunch of cute pics I figured I needed to share. Bonus, some pictures from our amazing time with Gramma!

On her first boat ride!

Whale watchin'. 
My sassy Maddie.

It doesn't get much more fall than this.

So proud of her decorating. 

A family pic with all of us! 

The cutest pumpkin in the patch!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart