Skip to main content

5 Things I Love // 4

Happy Friday, y'all! This has been a bananas week with my first overnight away from baby Annabel, lots of work projects due, an event at Maddie's school and trying to stay awake past 8:30 so that someday we might finish  up Mad Men. Ah, this life of mine. Here are some of the things making me happy!



Physical Therapy: not so much needing to go, but it has made such a huge difference in the way I feel before and after runs and has made me actually do the stretching that all runners tell other people to do and never do themselves. I go to Elliot Physical Therapy along with most everyone else in my running club and they are by far the nicest, most patient, talented people. I feel even better about this marathon because of the work they have done on me!

Radio Flyer Wagons: My Mom got this for Annabel for her birthday and both girls are LOVING it. Also, super easy to maneuver around for the grown ups. it is such a great alternative to double strollers and they look so darn cute cruising around the neighborhood in it. Now to pimp our ride with the speakers and drink cooler accessories.

Sofritas Tacos: A Beautiful Mess posted this last year (that is their picture) and it is probably going to be going in our weekly rotation for a while. I may have put in a wee bit too much spice last time around, but it was still really good. Bonus part is that Annie loves the tofu (we gave her some without the spice).

A Full Night of Sleep: We moved Annie into her own room because cosleeping had officially become not the best way for everyone to get a good night's sleep. She is going down at 7pm every night without a peep until morning. Now, if we could just get her to sleep past 4:30/5:00 every morning...hence the 7:45am nap picture above.

All the Fundraising Love: I am closing in on my goal for my Boston Marathon Fundraiser and feeling awfully loved and supported by all the donations. I still have a ways to go, so please throw me some loot if you can!

I am looking forward to a rare weekend of not a lot of plans and only a little 15 mile run to complete. Hope your weekend is lovely and no one got you April fool'ed (seriously hate this day - I don't trust anything!).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart