Skip to main content

Thankfulgivings

Twas the morning before Thanksgiving, and all through the office...yeah no one is really doing much stirring since we are all getting ready for this afternoon's luncheon where we get to serve our clients a big Thanksgiving meal and then after we have everything cleaned up and the clients on their way, we get to sit down and break bread together. Then we leave, by 1pm, yessss!
This year I feel that I have so, so much to be thankful for and I am excited to be spending Thanksgiving morning watching the Macy's Parade with my new husband before heading down the the Cape to share a meal with my father-in-law and his wife. We are going to stay down there a couple of nights since they have the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in as well as the cutest rottweiler I have ever seen. Amy will also be down on the Cape with her family, so I get to see one of my besties too! It will be an awesome, sweatpants inducing weekend for sure. I thought I would take some time this morning during the quiet before the food storm to share some of the many things that I am grateful for this year:
  • My wonderful husband who loves and respects me and treats me like the princess of all princesses, he is my best friend and my rock and I love him more than words.
  • My awesome job, which was such a light at the end of a scary and dark tunnel that included a horrible environment in my last job and a scary few weeks of wondering if I would even have a job again. I love my organization, my co-workers and the opportunity to help some of society's most pushed-aside people and in these times I feel so thankful to not just have a job, but have a secure career that I love.
  • Friends. What wonderful, talented, supportive friends I have all over the country and how lucky I am to know and keep such great company. While some have faded into the background and some have become closer to me I am thankful for all of the love and memories that I have experiences with such a fabulous group of people.
  • My health, though I would like to think that I am usually dying of at least three or four WebMD ailments (oh anxiety, you little monster) I know that I wake up every morning and am able to breathe and move and, if for some reason I could not, I have great health insurance that allows me access to doctors, medications and anything else I need to get better again.
  • God. I am so thankful to have the relationship that I have with God and the Church and I feel that it has grown even stronger since being a part of the group we formed at my parish and being married in the Church. I am thankful for my church friends and my priest and all those who also live their faith and I am thankful to live somewhere that allows me to worship and share my faith with others.
  • My Mommy. Although she is 3,000 miles away she remains a huge part of my life and Matty's life and I am excited that I get to fulfill her wish to be a grandmother (hopefully) in the year to come.
  • Food. I just really love to eat, which is unfortunately beginning to show so early in the season, but I love how food brings people together and makes everyone so happy and nourished. I also love how cooking has allowed my husband and I to have something to share with each other and has given me so many fun times in our home as we cook up delicious meals together...or I sit and drink wine and provide moral support.
I hope that each and every one of you has a wonderful and love-filled Thanksgiving, whether you are with family, friends or strangers and that you are able to find something to be thankful for, even if this has not been your best year.
Oh, and that little button up there, that is Quincy Levi Beakey, the newest addition to the Beakey/LeVangie household and after meeting him last night, I am very thankful for him and his parents who brought him into the world in all his glorious cuteness. Happy first Thanksgiving little guy!

XoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart