Skip to main content

Dirty Thirty!!

A collage of my birthday dinner; Maddie had sweet potatoes and was loving them!
Monday night before bed I kissed my wonderful husband good night, I kissed my beautiful baby good night, and then I snuggled into bed (well before most senior citizens) and kissed my sweet, sweet twenties good night and good bye. Forever.
Then, a miracle happened. I woke up Tuesday and felt...the same! I checked the mirror and I still had blonde highlights (no greys!), I didn't see any wrinkles (unless I crinkle my nose up) and I still looked pretty hot (well, for it being 5am and me having a breastfeeding baby). You heard it here first, folks, I made it to thirty and lived to tell about it!
After a three mile run (one for each decade), opening my BEAUTIFUL new Tiffany necklace, playing with the baby and handing her off to our wonderful nanny, and putting on my favorite polka dot dress I set off for work and spent my walk to the T reflecting on all of the things I did in my twenties, and holy shit was I busy! Some of my major events include:
  • Graduated (on the Dean's list) with my BA
  • Moved 3,000 miles away from the Biggest Little City in the World to my home sweet Boston
  • Had my heart completely shattered and put it back together, bigger and stronger and wiser
  • Made an incredible group of friends in Boston and kept in touch with some amazing ones from Reno
  • Graduated (with honors) with two masters degrees
  • Spent a month tromping around Europe seeing sites I had only seen in books, spending time getting to know myself
  • Worked in a prison and a halfway house, working with hundreds of inmates, learning lots of lessons about myself, others, and the world around me
  • Met the most amazing man in the world and had the privilege of becoming his wife in the most beautiful and intimate wedding a girl could dream of
  • Found an organization I love, doing a job that I love, with great opportunities for growth on my horizon
  • Learned more about my faith and entered fully into the Church, acquiring a whole new set of friends who share my core values
  • Volunteered all over Boston and in New Orleans, finding a special passion for the Crescent City and forging eternal friendships with my fellow volunteers
  • Learned to know myself, love myself and trust myself
  • Had a wonderful pregnancy resulting in the most beautiful, healthy, brilliant little baby girl
  • Turned thirty with nothing but excitement for the next ten years!
Last night Matty picked me up from work on his way home from work, or so I thought; turns out the sneak had been home for hours making me an AMAZING birthday dinner of homemade sushi, oysters, champagne and red velvet cake - pretty much all of my favorite things. When I got into the car I noticed some little feet sticking out of the car seat in the back and was so excited to see my little munckin and get to spend some bonus time with her on the way home! Dinner was amazing, and I got to control the remote all night - best birthday ever!! Tonight we celebrate with Aunt Jane with more food and libations....I love my birth week!!

Here's to the next year of the fabulous life of Stefanie!
XoXo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart