Skip to main content

Happy Monday (blergh).

Yet again, the weekend went by much too fast; boo!

We were in Brooklyn Saturday to Sunday so that I could throw my sis-in-law and her due-date buddy a baby shower, then all of the sudden it was Monday again. How does that keep happening?
We had a lot of fun in NY, as we always do when we are there. I really love Brooklyn and walking around, finding places to eat and shop just seem to come so incredibly easy when we are there. The neighborhoods are so kiddo friendly and I never feel like a jerk for wearing my baby into the hip spots, even the bars.
The Brooklyn sunset, captured by Matty on our walk around Carroll Gardens trying to get Maddie to nap.
We stayed the night at the Fairfield Inn in Brooklyn and it was really, really swanky. It was done up very boutique hotel style, had incredibly comfortable beds (to me and Maddie, at least) and there is a roof deck with views of Brooklyn and Manhattan. I had thought about the prospect of trying to go out with my hubs since we had family around to watch Maddie, but I ended up being super happy relaxing in the room and getting an awesome night's sleep thanks to a certain little someone who gave her mama a 6 hour stretch of snoozing (!!!). Sunday before we headed back home we brunched at Seersucker; we have been and enjoyed before and this time I devoured their special, which was chocolate croissant french toast with bourbon maple syrup. It was absolutely as delicious as it sounds, and my only regret is not ordering two.

This week is mildly nuts but on Friday my dear dear dear friend Bridget and her awesome kiddo will be in Boston for a visit. I spent the better part of Friday getting their visit planned and prepped and I just cannot wait to see them! I love when people visit during the Fall because it gives me an excuse to go to Salem and be a tourist in all the Halloween festivities. There is a big Halloween celebration on Castle Island that we are going to check out too; having kids as an excuse to do these things is kind of the best! Maddie has her little Halloween costume and I am so excited to put her in it and take a million pictures.
I need more pumpkin things before Halloween passes!
I just got Maddie's birthday invitations all ordered and ready to print...um, when did my tiny little baby get old enough to have her first birthday?!?! It is going to be really fun and I have found all of the perfect decorations and have a great menu planned. Obviously she won't remember it, but it will be fun for her to look back at pictures someday and see how much fun her mama had planning it, right? More so it is a great way to get all of our friends over to celebrate making it through our first year of parenthood relatively unscathed and to get to thank everyone for all of their love, support, advice and hand me downs that have allowed us to do this crazy thing they call child rearing. Did I mention that the party is Sophie the Giraffe themed? Best of all, I get to make it all Parisian themed, and then I get to do it again when she is older with a Madeline party; I guess I should hold onto the Eiffel Tower centerpiece!

Things I am looking forward to this week:
  • Ladies night with my munchkin tonight; Matty has been working late on Mondays so Madeleine and I have a little dinner together, read some books and snuggle away the Monday together.
  • YOGA! I have not been able to go for WAY to long and I feel it in my muscles, my head, my everything. I cannot wait to go on Tuesday and I hope I can get Bridget to go with me Saturday while Matty and the kids get pancakes made :)
  •  Meeting with a financial planner on Wednesday. It is going to be a harsh reality but we really need to figure out how to free up our cash flow, get this debt down and start saving.
  • Thursday dinner at Jane's, because it is what I look forward to every week, if nothing else!
Someone had penne for the first time last night!
Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart