Skip to main content

Happy First Birthday, Annabel Marie!

It is hard to believe that a whole year has passed since this little human came into our lives. Two weeks early and at first the calmest little baby that ever did live....now we have a walking, talking, screeching, eating machine! Oh what a difference a year makes! Although it is tomorrow, Mama has to run 22 miles and then get your birthday party together, so here is Annabel at one (minus one day)!

At one year Annie is:
Walking
Laughing (this forced deep laugh that cracks us all up)
Saying 'Dada', 'kitty' and 'Mama' (finally! this JUST started!)
Sleeping about 11 hours a night in her own space (we stopped cosleeping about three weeks ago when it stopped being the best way for everyone to get a good night's sleep)
Nursing and eating at least three meals and two snacks a day (tank baby!)
Around 20 pounds and still pretty short (compared to me and sister)

Her favorites:
People: big sister (who gets the biggest smiles and most attention), her nanny Hezzie, Mama and Dada, all the teachers and kids at Maddie's school who say hello to her each morning and afternoon
Foods: pasta, yogurt, Dada's pancakes, every fruit so far, every veggie so far, pretty much anything she can put in her mouth
Games: peek-a-boo, dance parties, playing with her sister's toys when she's not been invited, Duplos, play kitchen food and real kitchen pots and pans to bang around

Dislikes:
Not being held or not being put down to roam as soon as she wants to be
Mama leaving her line of sight
Closed doors that keep her from getting into fun things like trash cans or toilet paper rolls

Annie bannanie, we cannot imagine our lives without you and feel so complete in our little family. You are a snuggly, sweet joy and loved more than you can imagine. Happy birthday!


Birth

One month

Two months

Three months

Four months

Five months

Six months

Seven months

Eight months

Nine months

Ten months
Eleven months

Twelve months!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Quarantine Diaries//The Good Stuff

Welllllll, I guess this is what I get for never getting around to writing that blog about the Disney Cruise we went on, because we are going straight from talking about sober January to um, a very different situation in...what month is it again? Let's get to it. Mondays in quarantine tend to be hard for me; not that I was a big fan of them before, but something about being stuck at home to work, school, parent, exercise, eat (you know all those things we used to do outside the home) just makes Mondays suck extra. While Friday is like a celebration of another week down, maybe another week closer to being on the other side of this, here comes Monday feeling like a daunting reminder that we are still very deep in this.  I have so many thoughts, so many feelings and so many emotions, and coming here to write things down is going to be a part of my routine again, because someday I want to look back at this and be proud of how we handled things, happy about being through it and th