Skip to main content

November!

I am fully aware that there is one epic Disneyland post owed to this blog to round out my summer travel documentary but it has been since August and so what is another week (or month) in the grand scheme of things?

One November I took the time to blog every single day about something I was thankful for and today I am slow clapping at how I ever managed to pull that off. Sometimes I have to think for at least a minute or five on the train to work about whether or not I brushed my teeth that morning (so far I have not missed a day) so how I blogged daily is a mystery to me. Not to say that I wouldn't love to though because putting words down makes me happy, even if they are sporadic, but sadly not happening until someone reads my letter and gets on that extra three hours in a day.

But hey November is here! As a New Englander this is just about my favorite time of year aside from the first beach days of summer. The crisp air, the crunchy leaves and the colors everywhere are enough to make you forget that winter is coming and the ability to feel extremities is almost gone.

November also means that the big kid is having a birthday and is going to be FIVE which is insane to me because she was just born yesterday. I have to say that I do love this age so much - she is independent but still a little cuddle bug and just about the funniest and most imaginative person I have ever met. I have never been the mom that gets sad as her kids grow because I kind of knew that would happen when I had them and keep finding things to appreciate as they grow (like Maddie's ability to ride a plane to and from DC without a single issue - iPad, snacks, coloring, good to go!). Four has been increasingly awesome and I am looking forward to the adventures the next year bring us.

Meanwhile, Annie is rounding the bend to the 20 month mark and is single-handedly trying to bring me, the house, and everything she can get her hands on down into a pile of rubble. The good news is that she will make a great rugby player someday. And she was going to be our easy one....

But I just wanted to come here and say that even though I won't be posting it every day I have SO MUCH to be thankful for. Life is so good right now. It is messy, tiring, a bit in transition and not without chaos but my goodness how lucky I am to be living it.

I posted a lot on Instagram about our trip to DC and Halloween but wanted to share some of my favorite candid shots here because life, man, good stuff.

Oh, your best friend doesn't work across the park from the White House? Mine does!

Just cheesing outside of Obama's digs.

Matt ran 26.2 miles and Maddie was there to comfort him and steal his bread sticks immediately after.

Halloween cheesing. Love these faces so much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Wow, December

Here it is - the last month of 08, and what a year it has been! I had so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and so much to look forward to as the year ends and a new one begins. I spent the holiday with the O'Sheas, and it was lovely as could be. Matty's Aunt Jane is an amazing cook, and she made enough to feed an army...or 9 of us. It was so much fun to hang out with the family, especially Matty's Dad, who may just be one of the funniest people on the planet, and definitely the best story teller ever. We traded work stories, and found out we have come "clientele" in common. Matty and I had spent that morning baking and watching the Macy's Parade, and spent the later evening hanging out with Emily and her sister. The next day we got even more family time in with Matty's sister - who turned another year more fabulous - over lunch and presents for the birthday girl. We got to spend a lot of time with loved ones, and the whole weekend together, which