Skip to main content

T is for Tuesday

If this were Sesame Street, T would definitely be the letter of the day.
T is for tired. I never, ever get jet lag but taking the red-eye home from LA totally screwed me up. I haven't been able to get to bed as early as I would like to, and getting up is like getting in line for a punch in the face...totally not happening. Emily and I decided that there is something going on in the atmosphere because she is also having the same problem. Even Matty and Louis have been insomniacs lately - both of whom are usually deep in snoresville by the time I roll over to tell them good night. Emily and I have decided to blame the upcoming change in weather, the full moon, and the meteor shower that is going to take place tonight (I just found out about the latter...we should be scientists Em). Tonight I really want to get some sleep, we'll see if it happens. perhaps Mr. Sam Adams in my hand will help (Summer Ale will soon be gone!).
T is for TRP board. aka. the Treatment Review Panel board at work. This is where my inmates go at the end of the program (36 mos) to have the head honchos decide whether or not they are fit to "complete" the Sex Offender Treatment Program. There is a whole lot of work they have to do before this, obviously, and they generally have to be supported by the Treatment Team in order to attain this. Today I brought someone, whose name also begins with a T coincidentally, who I believe is probably the most deserving of most men there to complete. And he did. It was one of those moments of "this is why I do what I do". The man is serving a life sentence for a very heinous crime, but he was 15 at the time and is now 34, and definitely one of the success stories that you read about in the Times or see on some sad Discovery Channel Documentary. He has used the past 19 years to become well educated, deeply spiritual, and extremely empathetic about what he did. I had met with he and his father for a support visit and was given an intimate view into the devastating world of the projects, gangs and bad choices in Boston. I am extremely happy that he has completed, and I hope that when he sees the parole board in 2010 he is able to be given the second chance at life that he truly deserves.
T is for tight. As in coming home to Matty (as if that wasn't wonderful enough) who is cooking a super, super yummy chicken dish and doing laundry and is now making my lunch for tomorrow. Have I mentioned that I really, truly have the most thoughtful and wonderful man in my life? Seriously, he takes such amazing care of me. It has been a HUGE adjustment to everything I have ever experienced, but I think I am adjusting well. I really am truly blessed to have him in my life, as I think anyone who has ever met him would more than agree too. Not only has he been an incredible addition to my life, but he is also a great addition to my circle of friends, who see him just as much as their friend as they see him my boyfriend. I could go on forever...but this is only the third blog, and I have to keep you coming back for more. Point is Matty = the best.
T is for Texas. And I ain't talking about the Merle Haggard song. Papi just hit his second three run home run in the same inning!! Better yet, it's only the 1st inning!!! Suck it Rangers. My Mom is at the Padres/Brewers game in San Diego tonight. I asked her to goose Gabe Kapler for the Washington Square Starbucks crew. He used to come in and all the ladies would run to the register and simply stare at him, the poor man. He always paid for his Venti Mild with a broken black Amex card, and he always dropped at least a buck in our tip jar. And he probably feared for his life with all of those crazy girls in green aprons staring at him. One last baseball tidbit, the new Sox pitcher, Zinck, is my new fave (aside from Papi, of course). Turns out his parents were wardens at San Quentin Prison...I wonder if they know Johnny Cash. I sure hope this dude can pitch - Lord knows we could use someone that can.
T is for tomorrow. When I will be posting more about the fabulous reality show that is my life.
Sleep tight, watch the meteor shower, and hug the people that you love.
Oh, and check out what I'll be up to this weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bike nerd!!
Hahaha nawww you know I secretly love all my environment lovin friends ridin their bikes!! By the way I love these already!! MWAH!

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart