Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012!
Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
You know what I love about this time of year, aside from playing with all my new Christmas presents?: the lists. I love me some lists, and as the year ends everyone has them - the top news stories, the biggest celebrity breakups, the best this and that. I just can't get enough of them. And so, in the spirit of year-end lists, I present to you my own lists of the top Stefanie-centric things and events of 2011 - enjoy!
Three generations in front of our well decorated Christmas Tree
My Top Ten Life Events of 2011
- Giving birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl
- Moving to our new home and new neighborhood (Dot Rats for life!)
- Watching my husband finish the Boston Marathon (his 1st marathon ever)
- Celebrating the first year of marriage to my amazing, loving husband
- Getting to tell our family and friends about our bun in the oven
- My sister-in-law moving back to the East Coast from Seattle
- Buying our first new car together, completely hassle free
- Hitting the one year mark at my job and still loving it
- Spending two whole weeks with my Mommy and Madeleine
- A girl's only sleepover with my best friends (love those women)
- Captiva and Sanibel Island, Florida
- Orlando (again) for Epcot and Sea World (for the first time)
- Martha's Vineyard (for the 2nd summer in a row!)
- San Diego (for the first time in too many years)
- Ontario, Canada to see Niagara Falls and silly tourists
- The adorable little baby I can't stop cuddling (and don't have to - (she's mine!)
- Our safe, swanky, brand new car
- The gorgeous watch Matty gave me for our wedding anniversary
- My slow cooker, oh how I love to cook comfort food in that thing
- A Lululemon running jacket, new running shoes and the Nike+ to help me start training
- Delicious Fall and Winter beers that I can finally drink again
- (Carryover from 2010) my iPhone, that I love in an unhealthy sort of way
- Facials, massages and highlights to pamper my prego self
- Maternity jeans from the Gap
- Our new King Size bed and ridiculously luxurious sheets
My Five Goals for 2012
- To find my passion for running, stick with it and grow in it
- To find a yoga studio/classes I can regularly attend
- To continue to grow as a wife, daughter and friend and be the best I can be in those roles
- To be the best Mommy to Madeleine I can possibly be
- To find more time for meditation and prayer outside throughout the day
Personally, my pregnancy allowed me to be the most selfless I have ever been; everything that I did, ate, thought and felt was about growing a healthy little person and I actually had to let myself slow down and be taken care of to ensure that she would be born perfect (which she was!). I was still able to do the things that I love: spend time with my amazing friends, travel, volunteer and be head over heels in love with my husband and now that she is here, I am confident that in 2012 I will get to continue these things and will learn how all of the puzzle pieces will fit around my new role as a Mommy.
Watching Matty be a father is just as rewarding to me as being a Mommy and it takes my breath away to watch him with her; his love, patience and natural talent at fathering makes me love him even more and look forward to the year to come.
In the 52 weeks of 2011 I only missed one Sunday Mass, and that was the day I gave birth to Madeleine (but I did have a Priest visit in the hospital for Communion and a blessing over the baby). Why do I mention this? Because I know I am truly, truly blessed with a wonderful life and surrounded by wonderful, positive people and I owe it all to the faith I have in God, in myself, in humanity and in the future. The secret to happiness? I think I found it.
A wonderful and exciting New Year awaits!
Stefanie of 2011