Skip to main content

Holã from Vacation

Hi there! I'm sitting around sweating and resting my tired feet and thought it would be a good time to check in and say hi. 
Last time we spoke I was prepping for Easter and Marathon weekend, which was an absolutely wonderful few days. I'm looking forward to dedicating a future post to this year's Boston Marathon and the amazing events I was able to experience. 

Today we are on the last day of our vacation, which has brought us from Sacramento to Yosemite to San Francisco and Oakland and then back to the suburbs of the Bay Area. It's been a whirlwind and I am definitely feeling all of the fun we have had deep in my muscles...and desire for a serious nap!

Our first part of our trip was spent celebrating one of my best friend's weddings, which both Maddie and I had the honor of being in. It was a beautiful, intimate and completely "them" wedding. Every detail was just so perfectly about their love and I am so thankful we got to celebrate with them. 
We rented a really gorgeous house that was perfectly modern and roomy, especially since we ended up snowed in under a half a foot one night! I left the horrendous winter in Boston only to get buried in California! It was definitely pretty, though, and we enjoyed two other wonderful days of sunshine. I took a million pictures on my DLS that I'll be posting soon, but I wanted to share some of the beauty I captured on my iPhone in the meantime. 

I just can't even process all of the pretty that we saw! Once the wedding weekend wrapped up we headed back to my uncle's house in the Bay Area to spend time with him and my cousins, as well as my grandma who flew up from San Diego. Add my mom into this mix and we had a gaggle of family which, as you can imagine, made Maddie as happy as can be. We visited the Sacramento Train Museum, finally made it to Alcatraz and did some serious eating and running around all this warm weather. We even got a chance to have a night out on our own in Oakland to get dinner and drinks with good friends who live over there. 


Traveling with a toddler is definitely an undertaking, but I can't imagine our life any different and I'm so thankful to have a pretty adaptable little kiddo. We take this yearly trek to the west coast to see as much of my family as we can, and in the third year I can say that all the chaos is well worth it! It's amazing what a meal in a stroller or a nap on a train can do to reset a cranky little person, and what a run in the warm sunshine can do for a cranky mama!

Tomorrow we head home, and I turn 32 (ack!) then it's back to a million miles an hour as I have a little birthday soirée before I head back west to San Diego for work and then come home to take on my second 26.2. Rest is for the boring, right?! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart