Skip to main content

Introducing: Mrs. O'Shea!


Well loyal readers, we did it, Matty and I went and got ourselves hitched!
It was beautiful. It was perfect. It went by in the blink of an eye. Our friends and family all had a blast, there was eating and drinking and dancing, laughing and crying and hugging, and at the end of it all, there were two who had become one.
In addition to everything that Matty and I are: best friends, teammates, lovers, and partners, we are now married, family, united in one with the Church and with each other. I have to admit - it feels totally different. I am still absolutely head over heels in love with him, as I have been since the day I met him, but I am now just so secure in that love, so committed and protective and calmed by the union that we now share. It is, in one word, bliss.
After our wedding and the super fun party of a reception that followed, Matty and I jetted off to South Beach for a few days on the beach. We slept in late, drank bloody Maria's (with tequila, because when in Rome...), lazed around on the beach and in the waves, ate plates of Cuban food and oysters and crabs, explored somewhere we had never been, and started to get used to these new titles of "husband" and "wife". After a few days we hopped in our convertible Mustang and drove through the Everglades and into Orlando, where we checked ourselves into one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever stayed at. Our bed in our one-bedroom suite was so large that I literally had to take a cab over to Matty's side of the bed if I wanted to cuddle. Here we spent lots of time by the pool, slid down the water slide connected to said pool, visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld, ate more food, slept in late and went to bed earlier, and got ready to come home to our new life together. We had a wonderful time and got to enjoy the best of both worlds: sunning and relaxing and being total happy nerds together at the theme parks.
Then, we got on a plane and we came back to Boston and back to our home. We spent two days unpacking, opening gifts and getting my name changed. This latter task actually took the shortest amount of time - we were somehow blessed by the patron saint of beauracracy and were able to get to City Hall, Social Security and the Registry and get everything done there that we needed to in time to hit Jacob Wirth for beers and brats by lunchtime. A wedding miracle indeed!
And now here we are. We have been married for a whole three weeks and it is the best feeling in the world! I have been spending my time diving head first back into volunteering and being domestic - last night I made an awesome Italian stuffed pepper and finished all my Thank You cards while Matty watched football and moved his feet when I needed to sweep. It may seem like a boring Sunday, but it is actually exactly how we wanted it - at home, together, doing the things that we love. I am currently finishing up a course by the Red Cross on Disaster Assessment and Relief and am going to be certified to help set up and run emergency shelters in the case of a major disaster in MA, or anywhere that I can get to when disaster strikes. This is something that I have wanted to do since Katrina made landfall in 2005 and again when the earthquakes struck Haiti recently. Watching human suffering play out in the media and knowing that your presence would only be a nuisance is totally heartbreaking, so I took this course in order to untie my hands and be able to respond the next time something like that happens. I have enjoyed it so much I am thinking about taking some of the other courses, including the ones in Volunteer Case Management, since that is what I do and I could translate those skills into working with disaster victims. I am also starting a Community Dialogue with the YWCA where we will talk about race relations in Boston. This will be my first time taking part in something like this since we practiced in my Civic Leadership courses, so I am nervous and excited. I think that right now is a critical time to be having this conversation with my neighbors and other community members, and I hope that it can someway, somehow address the tragic violence that has been escalating and has now culminated in four more pointless deaths in Mattapan and possibly even open the way for figuring out how the community can help end this violence.
Have I mentioned that I have finally accepted I am only really, truly happy with a dozen things on my plate? Well, it's true - might as well stop fighting it and embrace it!
Speaking of full plates, I am also planning something huge and potentially life changing for me. I don't want to give it away yet, because there are still a few details that I want to have worked out before I make the big announcement, but I have decided to turn one of my most favorite hobbies into a side project that will generate some income and allow me to branch out my skill to others. I am sure that some of you will be able to guess what this is, but keep your lips zipped! I will let the cat out of the bag by the end of the week....until then, laissez les bon temps roulez!

XoXo,
Mrs. Stefanie O'Shea

Comments

T.P Wanberg said…
http://saulwanberg.blogspot.com/2018/.......https://www.pinterest.com/saulwanberg/.......https://www.reddit.com/user/saulwanberg.......Hey Stefani, its Trevor, your cousin in law...I'm dialing you from Boulder, CO. Its been just over a year since i left Boston for Denver to finish an obligation to Ft Collins Courtsystem. Upon completion of my obligation I found my income had been halted, so i am stranded here in Colorado. I am a plaintiff in a civil court next year in Massachusetts. I tried linking up with someone from the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, local 7 Denver. I've been sending illustrations, writings to writers. I managed to pitch a copy to Brad Pitt, believe it or not. I have met a ton of famous celebrities, from Will Ferrel to Drew Barrymore, Johnny Depp, Seth McFarlane, Dave Chappelle and Jenny McCarthy. I also caught up with my guitar teacher Robert Torres from Franklin, MA when I was a kid. Jane had once told me that I can write for the IATSE union and it dawned on me that you may be relation to Quentin Tarantino. I don't know how close you are but I was wondering if you could relay the above links to him and show Matt to see if there's any way I could expedite the process. I'm hoping i could keep the civil court case open, not have to go back to Boston. Its a witness protection type of case involving the Taddeo's, a childhood molestation and trafficking incident that i desperately want to be done with. The verbal, emotional gaslighting, and physical abuse while I'm waiting on a miracle is getting hard to handle. Thanks for any help. tripletorres86@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart