Skip to main content

Happy Friday!

THIS KID. My heart can't even take her some days.

Hooray, we made it! This was not a short week for me, so I am a little extra excited over the impeding weekend since it seems like everyone else got to avoid their Monday this week. It was a good, productive week at work and at home and I am looking forward to some time to unwind from it all with my little family. 

I am incredibly thrilled that we will finally be getting our washer and dryer situation taken care of this weekend. I know, life is full of exciting things for the O'Sheas right now and this ability to do laundry at home may just put me over the edge. New baby? New house? LAUNDRY?! 
No but really, we have not been able to use our washer and dryer since we moved and had planned on getting someone to wire/plumb our basement to be able to use the machines we already had instead of buying a stacked unit for our small area inside the house, but decided to take the plunge and get the stackables, It would likely cost about the same to install things in the basement and I think that being able to do laundry in the house without having to take my eyes off of/carry/corral an infant and a toddler in a few months will be worth the extra it might cost to get the stacked unit. We are still going to have to schlep the bigger stuff out, but the ability to wash our clothes more than once a week at my AILs house (or the dreaded laundromat) is making me feel so much less stressed out. Runners and toddlers make for a lot of dirty laundry, y'all.

Aside from that gem of excitement, we have some fun stuff planned for tomorrow too. Our dear friend who is an amazing photographer is going to come over to take family portraits, which we have not had done since Christmas of 2012! I am looking forward to seeing how she captures this exciting time in our lives; between the new home, the bump and that adorable little human we have a lot to showcase! I am sure we will get some awesome shots to add to our gallery wall and perhaps a holiday card photo!

Tomorrow evening we are going to head to the Roger Williams Zoo in Rhode Island for their annual Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular. I have been wanting to go for a few years and since Maddie is really into the spirit of Halloween this year, I think it is the perfect time. The weather is being very typical New England right now and going from cold to way too warm for October, which has been making me and my desire to wear all the fall things a little grumpy, but I am happy for a warmer night to go out and peep the pumpkins. I will definitely be posting pictures here!

I am trying to reserve Sunday for church, cooking delicious fall food and some work around the house. I want to get our bedroom taped off and ready for the shade of paint that Matty picked out of my swatch and then get going on the striped wall idea I have for Maddie's room. Has anyone ever tried the stripes in two colors? I am sure it looks waaaay easier than it is, but I love how it looks and I think it will go great if we end up moving baby number two in there with her down the line and we need some division of room sides. 

So that is the plan for our weekend - how about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart