Skip to main content

Happy Friday!

I am so excited that it is Friday, especially considering I spent much of yesterday mistakenly thinking that it was in fact already here. After a night out for a work event Wednesday, family dinner Thursday, two mornings running at 5:15 with my Back on My Feet team and endless hours stressing about the new house, I am MORE than ready for this weekend.

Tonight we are meeting up with our HONO family for a much needed dinner. I cannot wait to catch up with everyone and see what kid of amazing things we have all been up to. This is such a dynamic group of people who are constantly doing amazing things with their lives; every time I get to see them I feel so energized and inspired...and full. We know how to eat good food, and tonight we are trying somewhere Matty and I haven't been.

Tomorrow I am going to get myself up early to run with the Dorchester Running Club and then take Maddie to her gymnastics class before meeting a friend and her husband for brunch. They are thinking about making the move to Dorchester and I offered to show them around and try to recruit them to the neighborhood. I wonder if I can get some sort of ambassador status from the city for this....

After Matty gets out of class on Saturday we are going to go see about ordering some furniture for our new place, which is kind of the most exciting thing ever! I have my heart set on a big ol' sectional with one of those lovely chaise ends that will make for some awesome family lounging time.

Then on Sunday I am running the BAA 10k, which I am going to try and test my new speed out at and see if I can pull a little summer PR. I have definitely not been logging the miles that I want to be with everything going on but I have been getting a lot better with my speed and hope that this 10k gives me a little kick in the pants, especially with my tri training not starting off as disciplined as it should have been this week. But hey, next week is another week and I am definitely looking forward to this new challenge, and some training dates with some friends who have been suckered into agreed to help me with my swimming technique.

So very excited for the BEAUTIFUL weather that has been gracing us with its presence in Boston and looking forward to soaking in as many rays as possible this weekend.

Have a great one!

PS. I had to share some of these adorable photos that my friend took of our littles when we went to the zoo last weekend. I want a whole book of these girls looking at animals together! Melts my heart!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart