Skip to main content

Around These Parts


So, I have to admit, I have no idea how I used to live with a constant state of stress like I did in my early twenties, but MAN am I remembering how bad that sucked. No wonder I was so unhappy/kind of a hot mess! I am used to my life being extremely busy because, well, it is. I do a lot, Matty does a lot, and we like to do a lot with Maddie, so our days are pretty packed but when you add the base level of constant stress that comes with buying a house, it makes it so nutty. It is so hard doing everything that we do and then having this constant buzz of stress underlying everything and taking a lot of our thoughts...but hey, we are in the process of BUYING A HOUSE and if that is not worth some weeks of stress, then I don't know what is.

In lieu of a rambling post, here is a little snippet about what has been going on around these parts:

House: We handed over the biggest check that has ever been written out of our checking account and signed the purchase and sale, so now we just wait until we close on July 15th!! Things could still blow up with our mortgage but it is pretty doubtful and we will have a better peace of mind once our check clears, meaning it is time to start calling the utility companies and getting our house packed! Yay!

Me: Work is slightly insanely busy, running is going really awesome - I have been pushing myself and doing more speed work (and I am enjoying the challenge!), triathlon training starts next week, I did yoga in Fenway, I got to see all three of my best friends one-on-one in the past seven days, I just got a batch of books from the library and figured out how to get library books on my Kindle so I am totally ready for a beach day and I decided today I need highlights for the summer.

Matty: Still the most handsome and awesome husband in the world, crazy busy with school and work, apparently should have been an architect with the way that he can make floor plans for new furniture in the new house, firing up the grill and making awesome dinners for us like a boss and going to get all the love in the world from Maddie and I for Father's Day with a road trip to the beach in Maine.

Maddie: currently absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs and telling crazy long tales about being put in trees by elephants and rescued by lions (her imagination RULES), blowing me away with her ability to do puzzles (another current obsession), eating pounds of fruit on a daily basis - I don't think she has met a fruit that she does not love, going on a train (!!!) to the zoo (!!!) with me, my AIL and her bestie Cordelia this Saturday (I think I am just as excited!).

Phew. Thanks for sticking around and sending all those happy thoughts for our new home (!!!). Here are some pictures of what has been going on around our world this past week!

Always playing!
Namaste, Fenway!


Saying hello to a fire truck post-Sunday brunch. 
Hanging at the library!
My favorites.


At her friend's birthday party this weekend!
Little crossed legs and pancakes, every morning. 

SO excited to see a fire truck up close and personal!
All ready for some puddle jumping!
Her first lollipop (loved it). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in the Life: Food Edition

If you haven't figured it out from this here blog, my life is pretty darn busy but I crave routine and do a pretty good job at sticking to a "regular" schedule, even if it does start at 5am and end sometime after 10pm. One of my most consistent things in life is definitely my eating. I love to eat, and love trying new foods and new restaurants but during the week I am the most boring person ever because I literally eat the same things at the same time every single day. At dinner, we get buck wild, but between 5 and 5, I am like a senior citizen. Here is a day in the life of what I am munching on: 5:00am (or whenever I stop hitting snooze) : one cup of coffee brewed at home with a hefty splash of half and half. I recently switched to the "light cream" store brand but that is as low on the fat as I will go - milk just does not do it for me like cream does. Post-run/workout (around 6:45) : second cup of coffee with cream Commute breakfast (between 7:1

Monday night and half a bottle of riesling.

You may be asking yourself now, "why the hell does Stef need a blog, she spends too much damn time on myspace/facebook/perezhilton as it is". Well, I have one because I need one. I get writers cramp too bad to keep a journal, and I can drink and type with much more ease. But really, I think this will be a good way to organize my thoughts, and keep my scattered friends better posted on my life. When your closest friends span from Seattle to Spain, it can be hard to keep them up to the minute on the important things in life - like what I'm doing on any given Monday night. (The answer tonight is sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox, while Matty reads the Augusten Burroughs book I just finished, having just ate a super yummy "smothered pork chop" dish that said Matty made, and applying for jobs at the Crime and Justice Institute). I really just plan on rambling on about my life, and sharing things that I think you ought to know like if Matty and I went for a bi

Good-Bye Green Line

Tonight is officially my last night as an Allstonian. Or a Brightonian. I won't even live off the green line after I wake up tomorrow morning. No more 45 minute train rides that stop every block, no more "This train will run express to Packard's Corner". Tomorrow when I wake up I will pack the cat into his carrier, grab my purse and my husband will drive me and this baby in my belly to Dorchester, to our home, where we will have our first baby, our first wedding anniversary, where we will be "mom and dad" for the first time instead of just "husband and wife" or "Stef and Matty". I will use the vacuum cleaner Matty bought last night, the first new vacuum cleaner I have ever owned in my twenty nine years, and I will hang up pictures from our wedding, our trips to other states and time zones, pictures of our friends and our families. And on Monday I will wake up and catch the Red Line into work. It won't take too long, despite being fart